Closing OW window gives Dr Watson

Ritchie_

Well Known Member
Hello List,

Every now and then we see a OW session in the termianl sever crashing when they just close a OW screen.

Has any one got these sympthons also. does anyone know what causes this and may be got a solution for this?

Hello,
In our society, OneWorld screen generate Dr Watson and it was due to
IExplorer .
The response Line asked me to install IExplorer 5.5 on the machine whitch
have this problem .
After the installation, the machine goes right .
For you, try to install IExplorer 5.5 on your machine .
C.KONIK
OW Administrator
OW-Xe SP17 Update 2
NT4 AS400 V450 DB2 Fat Client
W2k WTS Light Client

-----Message d'origine-----
De : [email protected] [mailto:eek:[email protected]]De la
part de RStam
Envoyé : mercredi 26 mars 2003 10:38
À : [email protected]
Objet : Closing OW window gives Dr Watson

Hello List,

Every now and then we see a OW session in the termianl sever crashing when
they just close a OW screen.

Has any one got these sympthons also. does anyone know what causes this and
may be got a solution for this?
Richard Stam
CNC/System Administration
OW XE SP20_H1, CO on AS400-830 V5R1 ES;
Citrix XP and some W2K/XP Fat Clients
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to:
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=52076
+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+
This is the JDEList One World® / XE mailing list/forum.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found on the JDEList Forum at
http://www.JDEList.com

JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+

> does anyone know what causes this?
Sun spots.

We had something similar on Terminal Server (TSE) and on regular clients as well. It was that we didn't distribute everything necessary in an update package. I seem to remember that we managed to distribute a Universal Batch Engine (UBE) report without its versions. Running that report would cause the crash.

Check and see if you have recently sent out a new update package to the TSE. Also, be sure you are accepting your update packages on the TSE in Install Mode (an easy way to do this is to go to Control Panel->Add/Remove programs and navigate to c:\b7\system\bin32\oexplore.exe to start OneWorld, then accept the package.

HTH

Citrix Server Crashes such as these are often because of a number of different reasons. They are extremely difficult sometimes to determine, hence I use the following points to reference the issues.

1. Are you on a Service Pack that might have the latest "Breaking News" documented fixes for Memory Violations ? Look at the Service Pack One-Off Update SAR's to see if you are covered

2. If your users are opening the same application more than once and it crashes, then the application they are using is trying to write to cache memory that another application is also trying to write to at the same time. For example, if a user runs P4210 twice, there is a likelyhood that one P4210 will try and write/read from cache memory that the other P4210 is writing to in the same session. There is not much that can be done to fix this.

3. Are you sure that your client build was 100% successful ? Is there any likelyhood that an update package failed to correctly update the parent specifications ? If there is any doubt, perform a full package build. I prefer to limit Production Update packages to maybe 1 or 2 max

4. Did you run R92TAM and R98CRTGL and copy over the GLBLTBL.DDB/XDB, DDDICT.DDB/XDB, DDTEXT.DDB/XDB to the pathcode spec directories ? If you are JITI'ing then there is a likelyhood you will corrupt specification files.

5. Are you cycling your terminal servers on a regular basis ? It is strongly recommended to reboot the citrix servers every night if possible. I do this using "SHUTDOWN.EXE" from the Windows 2000 Resource Kit and use "AT" to schedule this at, say, 1am every night.

SP's and internet explorer are on the right levels. The full and update packages are only installed if they were build correctly and installed in install mode.
So that only leaves having an application open several times and rebooting the Terminals Servers more often.
I'll have a look into that

Tim,
we are facing an issue like the following, when ever we run UBE, oexplore.exe error is coming and forces the user to logoff.This happens only when when running a batch otherwise Users are able to work on applications contineously.while browsing jdelist, i found that your message seems to be like what i am facing. Could you pls brief me the issue you faced and how you solved it

Thanks

Back