fun with JAS on an AS/400

adwilczek

Hi list,

installing JAS on a W2K (IBM WS4.0 fixpak 4, DB2 repository, OW SP20 on all machines, IBM HTTP Server and a nice big, black machine called AS/400 as enterprise) so far. Everything seems to be fine, I can start the WS service, getting the JDE HTML screen but I can't log in (J environments and the new jas is installed).

Looks for me that there is a problem with the JDBC. Read the wonderfull SP20 installation document and it tells me that I need the jt400.zip and I should copy it to my d:\websphere\appserver\lib\app (should be all right?). I also downloaded the as400 toolbox and now I have the jt400All.savf.zip and I bet it's the wrong one.

Any of you guys have done the JAS installation before with the AS/400 enterprise DB???

Best regards,

Adrian

Don't have an AS/400 IFS to reference at my current customer, but the
jt400.zip that you are looking for is on the AS/400's IFS. Something like
QIBM\Java\toolbox. It needs to be unzipped.

OR

You can locate the jt400.jar, also on the AS/400's IFS, and skip the unzip
part of the equation. Documentation is quite vague on this whole step.

Brent Marxhausen
DBT, Inc.
Independent CNC Consultant
email: [email protected]

Hi Adrian,
Take the JT400.ZIP from the following AS/400 IFS directory;

/QIBM/ProdData/HTTP/Public/jt400/lib/

The latest version will have been installed when you loaded the Java Toolbox PTF pack.

Rgds,

Re: RE: fun with JAS on an AS/400

Thanks all for the quick response,

I downloaded the correct driver (jt400.zip) and it works.
Does anyone of you have a jas.ini for the AS/400 and can send it to me? Would like to compare it with my. (sorry I don't have that much knowledge on the AS/400....it's still a big-black-box for me :) )

Best regards,

Adrian

Back