Issue with Setting Up Activity Rules for OMW

altquark

altquark

Legendary Poster
Hi Everyone

This had me quite perplexed earlier today - and I thought I should share the issue, since I am 100% positive I have not had this issue in the past.

I am in the middle of implementing OneWorld Xe (Co-existence) for a customer, and as previously mentioned I decided to place them straight onto Update 7 with Service Pack 21(E1). They are on an AS/400 running V5R2.

Now, heres the rub. I implemented the following :

OneWorld Xe
OneWorld Xe Update 7
Planner ESU JD17626
Tools ESU 18815

as well as a couple of application ESU's

I then went ahead into OMW Configuration to go through and setup the Activity Rules (P98230|W98230F) - but when I tried to enter 1 row, I received a strange error that told me the Data Dictionary value was incorrect length blah blah blah (can't remember the actual error message).

I checked the JDE.LOG - and the form seemed to be complaining about OMWTMN1 not having a proper value - this is the "Mandatory" field for Activity Rules. Interestingly enough, the column was not being displayed.

This confused me, and made more confusion when I checked out the application - and changed the event "Dialog is Initialized". At the bottom of the event I added :
Show Grid Column(FC Grid, GC MandatoryFlag)

and lo - the error disappeared ! I have no idea why a hidden column should complain so badly - especially when it seems there is a default value of "0" (valid).

If you have issues with OMW Activity Rules, in a similar vein, I strongly recommend that you add this line to the OMW Configuration application. It seems that ERP 8.0 is not complaining about this (I set up ERP 8.0 last week) - and my guess is that most customers don't go through the activity rules as indepth as I do, so there doesn't seem to be any reference to this anywhere. Of course, Update 7 is also VERY new.......

Jon,

I seem to be experiencing the same issue on ERP 8 with SP 21.
Do you have SP 21 on your ERP 8 install as well, or is it a base (SP19) setup?

Thanks,
Werner

Interesting

I am trying to remember what I did - I might have actually set up the Activity Rules for OMW in SP19 prior to installing SP21D1 - which is what it is running currently.

I am glad that its not just me !!!!!

Go through and make the change, and it will fix the issue.

As an alternative to modifying the JDE object, check out SAR 6488297.

The actual fix is rolled into SAR 6459509, which brings you to ESU JD18815.

OR as a workaround
(for those who have the option)

temporarily roll the client workstation back to a pre-SP21_E1 level. I
experienced this when going from SP21_D1 to SP21_E1.

Brent Marxhausen
DBT, Inc.
Independent CNC Consultant
email: [email protected]

Re: RE: Issue with Setting Up Activity Rules for OMW

Thanks for your input - but I think I already mentioned we had installed JD18815 and it was useless to fixing this issue. Responselessness Line obviously should have tested that SAR before reporting it was fixed.

More interesting was the fact that you think the service pack is causing the issue. Misinformation here - since we're running D1. Seems you don't have an answer - sorry.

Sorry missed that on your original post.

Actually, we installed JD18406 which was a predecessor to JD18815, and it
worked like a champ.

Perhaps JD18815 broke what had already been fixed?

*gasp*

Brent Marxhausen
DBT, Inc.
Independent CNC Consultant
email: [email protected]

hee hee - like that hasn't happened before !!!

Well - the bug with the app was fixed as I said with a simple code-change, although I am still a little perplexed about how the code change I mentioned actually fixed the issue. I'm sure that theres going to be a new ESU that will address this issue sometime soon from JDE.

Hey, I just had to fix the same issue a couple of days ago and only now found this post!

I took a different approach: I changed the DD item OMWTMN1 length to 1.

It's supposed to match the UDC used in this field (can't remember the code now) and the UDC length was 1, but the DD length was 11 - an obvious typing error by whoever entered it first - so I just changed it to 1 and refreshed my locall DD TAM files.

I think, this is easier to do this way...

Regards,
Alex.

Thankyou Alex ! I'll go ahead and perform the same change - I was wondering why this was giving a DD error. Hopefully a breaking news document comes out of JDE for this...

Hee hee

One year later, and this darned issue bit me again !!!

I knew I remembered hearing about it....came here and lo and behold found my old post !

LOL

Back