Flat Files

jde_uk

Hello all,
I am using a Process where I need to populate the Time Analysis table from a flat file which comes from a Third Party product. Can anyone tell me how can I sequence the data in the Flat File which is the Input File in the TC so that the output tables are populated faster. Right now I have to Populate a Custom Table and then use that table in another TC inroder to get the sequenced data. The number of records in one exercise counts to upto a million.
Thanks
Tipu

Is there any way to make the Third Party product sequence the flat file? If not you could introduce an intermediary stage to sequence the file, using commands in a .bat file perhaps - this could then be called by OW prior to your TC.

Hi, The prob with the Third Party product that we are using is that it already produces the sequenced data as it is made to work, this is the HR data and the same information is then reqd by Fin where JDE plays its role, sequencing the data in the HR system is not possible,yes the batch file thing can be a solution. At present as I mentioned earlier I am using a JDE Table (Custom) and populating that table with all the data, then calling another application (UBE) where I sequenced the data.
I am looking out for a faster solution as the number of records has already reached a massive level and by the end of 2003 it should be more than 4 million.
What I could make out from your suggestion is that I should call an External Prog. in between the process.....isnt it?

Yes that's what I meant. You can use the 'Execute External Program' Business Function to launch the Batch File prior to calling your Table Conversion. You should be able to use the SORT command in the Batch File to sequence your file.

Good luck, let us know how you eventually resolve the problem.

Back