Memory Violation on Package Installation

DaveBarber

In the past two weeks we have been unable to deply a client package to one of our Citrix clients. When we sign on to JDE on the WT server to manually accept the package we get the following memory violation:

The instruction at "ox 77f8912F"referenced memeory at "ox00000018".The memory could not be read .Click OK to terminate the Program.

This occurs before the set up exe can be lauched.

Its odd as nothing we know has changed on this server and the package is successfully accepted elsewhere on our other 3 citrix clients.

Has anyone seen this before or had any ideas?

cheers

Dave

OW XE SP18.1 on ORACLE NT and Citrix WTS

When you say "accept" what do you mean? You shouldn't be "accepting"
packages on a Citrix server, you should be installing every package
through Control Panel-Add/Remove Programs.

As my hero on the list says...just my tuppence...or something like that.

Jim

We intsall update packages by deploying the package to the citrix client and accepting it as a package like on a normal client. This is done when no users are on the system and the server is in sinlge user mode.
Can install an update package via add/remove programs?

Yes Dave

You should not be "deploying" the update packages through the deployment application - instead, deploy the packages to only the enterprise server - and run "Add/Remove" programs from the control panel and run the \\{deployment}\b7333\OneWorld Client Install\Setup.exe - and install the update packages that way.

Alternatively - look for my script I posted recently that will help you run a silent install for the update package.

You certainly should not be "pushing" packages to a Citrix Terminal Server.

Hi List; Jon;

Like 'DaveBarber', we deploy packages via 'Work with Package Deployment' and have never had a problem using this method. In fact, having a record of the deployment sometimes helps with the state of play with our package builds and deployments and keeping 'it all' in synch.

For curiousity's sake (.. yes, I know it did something harmful to the cat..), what would be the reasons that a scheduled package 'push' deploy to Citrix/WTS be a bad idea (assuming no users on the WTS server and in 'install' mode)?

Thanks in @dvance,
/Philip

Back