HELP!! Is my package "lost"?

tgore

tgore

Reputable Poster
HELP!! Is my package \"lost\"?

I had started a full package build on my deployment server. I walked away from the terminal and our security protocalls "locked" the session. One of our network admins needed access to the server. He saw the session was "locked" and logged me off the system. Is my package gone? Do I need to start my build again? I think the asnwer is yes.

Re: HELP!! Is my package \"lost\"?

Yeap....you can start it from package build hisroty and it should pick up where it left off it your choice. Resubmit the build that way or through the director.

Re: HELP!! Is my package

One thing to check.... (if you didn't already restart the build from history :) )

If the client package build completed on the deployment server prior to your administrator logging you out and the server package build was running, (R9622) then the process would have kept going. (In particular, if the PACK, SOURCE and INCLUDE files made it over to the Enterprise Server, and the unpack and builddll processes kicked off.)

I found out the interesting thing a few years ago at a client site. A client was running a full client and server build over a weekend, and the network admin's replaced a switch between the machines. The package build logs on the Enterprise Server demonstrated that all the processes to unpack the TAM files and build the SVRPGM's / SO / SL / DLL's continued to process to completion. So, even though the client didn't get back a nice R9622.pdf to show everything completed fine, the build logs on the Enterprise Server showed that it did work.

I hope this helps.

Take care,

Re: HELP!! Is my package \"lost\"?

Thanks to all, your suggestions helped. I just started a brand new build. At least it was cancelled after only about an hour so I didn't lose too much time.

David--Thanks for that extra info. That is also good to know. I'll file that one away for later use.

Tom

Back