Citrix screen flicker

DRezanka

DRezanka

Reputable Poster
Hi,

Anyone know what would cause my Citrix windows to flicker with OMW open? It looks like the window is refreshing every 5 seconds. I'm using a seemless connection.

Thanx
Doug

If you right click on your ICA connection, do a open with on notepad change the desired color = 2.

Thanx for the responses. It didn't seem to help though. I already had the color=2. I lowered the resolution from 100% to 640 x 480. It didn't seem to help either.

Any other ideas?

TIA
Doug

if you were to login directly onto your server and run OMW does it also flicker. How old is the client machine, does it run other graphic intense JDE applications fine. If you were to run the Xref application what happens. Is this happening to all think client machines.

Do you know what the refresh rate on your server is.

Doug,

Usually lowering the colors to 16 helps. The resolution doesn't really matter. If that doesn't work then you may have an issue with Citrix.

What JDE SP level are you at? What is your version of Citrix?

There is a known issue with Feature Release 2/SP2(Citrix) and JDE when JDE is at SP20 or lower that causes your exact problem.

The resolution to that is to back rev your Citrix SP to SP1 or install SP21 or higher.

I hope this helps...

Dan,

Thank you. That does appear to be the situation. We are at SP20. Changing the colors to 16 helped, but you can well imaging the quality of the interface suffered for it. We hope to go to SP22 in the near future.

Regards,
Doug

Back