Batch Version Checkout

DSauve

DSauve

Legendary Poster
[shocked]

I just found document # ott-01-0095 on the Knowledge Garden titled "Batch Version Check-In / Check-Out and Object Management Workbench". According to this document, when you check-out a batch version (and only a batch version), the version specs will ONLY come from the environment which you are logged into, regardless of any activity rules you've setup in OMW.

I don't recall this behavior before, and it surprised me to see it work this way this morning. I tried to check-out a version in a project at status 21, which according to our activity rules should pull the version specs from PD7333. However, in looking at the logging, the specs actually are pulling from PY7333 (the environment I'm logged into). Usually we try to keep our versions in sync between environments, but the one I worked on today wasn't in sync, which is what led me to look into this further.

So, has anyone else come across this behavior of OMW and check-out? We applied SP20_E1 last October, and I wonder if the behavior changed as a result of some SP change. Prior to that, we were on SP15.1 for over a year, and I don't recall ever seeing this type of check-out behavior under SP15.1.

We usually check the object out, then directly after that do a Row "Get" to
bring down the specs from the desired environment - usually PD7333.

Xe, SP 19.1_E1, Update 6, ES=AS/400 V5R1, CO=AS/400, Thick & Citrix Clients

Re: RE: Batch Version Checkout

Judy,

That's what I thought I'd do -- use the "Get" instead, but it also brought down the specs only from the logged-into environment, regardless of how the OMW Activity Rules were setup. Note that this is for BATCH VERSIONS ONLY.

In a way, I can see the logic of doing this, with the dependency of batch versions on processing option templates. However, if JDE was really serious about keeping these in sync, why do they allow you to check-out and update the processing option templates, while not forcing associated versions to be updated at the same time?

RE: RE: Batch Version Checkout

Did you use the Get on the OMW middle bar, or a Get from the Row Exit, where
you can specify the environment you want to pull it down from? I didn't
think activity rules had much to do with the Row Get, but I may be mistaken.
We do seem to have the PD7333 version when we request it this way if we are
logged into DV7333.

You would still have to check it out first, so you can check it back in
later.

Xe, SP 19.1_E1, Update 6, ES=AS/400 V5R1, CO=AS/400, Thick & Citrix Clients

Back