Citrix client with Anon Profiles

DRezanka

DRezanka

Reputable Poster
Hi,

We'd like to use a Citrix client with the OneWorld ICA file created to use anonymous profiles. It works great until the user tries to access Media Objects or Help files. These files reside on another network attached device. The cause seems to be because the ICA client network connection is machine/ANONuser which does not have access to our network domain.

I believe we will have to go with using explicit profiles, but before I do, I would like to ask if anyone has a 'best practice' for using an anonymous profile with the OneWorld Citrix client.

Thanx
Doug

You will have to create the Anonymous user profiles as local users on the server that holds the media objects/help files.
Citrix by default generates random passwords for anon users making it impossible to sync up.

There is a fix for this. You can set the password to a static one by adding it to the registry.

Run Regedit, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Add a value:

Value: AnonPassword
Type: REG_SZ
String: yourpassword

Make string equal to whatever password you will set all local Anon accounts to (on Citrix and the server you are trying to get MO/Help from).

For more info on Anonymous accounts search
http://knowledgebase.citrix.com for document CTX153078

-Matt

Here's what we do :

create a new user on your deployment server (i assume that is where helps and media objects are) called jdemedia (for example.

on each Citrix box - edit the c:\winnt\system32\usrlogon.cmd, and place the line < net use \\depserver\sharename password /user:jdemedia > some where in it.

This gets run everytime someone logs on.

Now... once that session tries to connect to the deployment server it connect as "jdemedia", and as long as "jdemedia" has access to those resources it should work fine.

Sweet! Works great!

I adapted it a bit by creating a cmd file in Application Compatibility Scripts instead. I also had to make sure to note the domain in the user since I used a network profile.

Thanx much,
Doug

Back