Automatic Load of Item Master

brackca1

Has anyone come up with a way, through Excel or flat files, to automatically load items in the item master. We currently go into 7 screens to load one item, including one to assign weight. Has anyone found a program or batch file which allows you to load many items all at one time?

Thanks,

Carl Brack

there is a z-file to help for data conversion. you should take a look at it. r4101z1. see interop guide for help.

Thanks for the information. I found a white paper on the z-load file. I'm uncertrain which fields it will create. One important field is the item weight. Does this just build the one table,F4101?

Depending on which version of the upload program you run this can build the item, branch plant or the locations. Please note that this DOES NOT load all the information you may require for an item - just the basics. Oh and depending which version your on it will not load the locations/branches without changes......
I always seem to start out trying to use the z files on each new version of JDE I am implementing - but eventually resort to direct uploads for a lot if this stuff.
Last upload was on XE U6 previous was U5 - both had problems....we uploaded weight directly to the F41002 file for this (and other bits required).

I hope this helps

Best regards

Peter

Back