Eneterprise Server..and Logic Server

sunnyind

Well Known Member
Hi List,
I have been asked to install ERP 8, which has given rise to a situation and I would be very greatfull if you can throw some light on my situation.
Can I have Deployment Server on Windows NT , Database (oracle)on Windwos NT and the Enterprise Server without the database (i.e. just the JDE services and dir stucture) on a Sun or HP Unix machine.

Please ADVICE..

Hello!
Of course, you can!
You can add new logic server based on Sun or HP.
You need add OCMs to run reports and business logic on new server.

Hi Anton,
Thank you for your promt reply.Can you send me some documentation or case study illustrating this senirio. My mail id is [email protected].
How feasible would be this kind of a setup.
kindly give me some more details.
Thank you with warm regards

Have you KG access?
If yes then you can download standard documentation for installing OW on Unix platform.
And I think you should have CD with installation documentation (may be instruction on Unix Enterprise server CD?).
1. You should prepare new logic server as required MTR;
2. You should install new OW Enterprise server as described in standard documentation;
3. You should run add-server installation plan (as descriebed in standard documentation in the one of last sections): add new Enterprise server
4. You should mapped some user groups to run reports and business functions to new logec server:
You may copy all active ocm for R* and B* (may be N*) that mapped to old enterprise (do not forget change logig server name and then activate records). You need these ocms in System - B7333 , JDEPLAN (LOCAL on Deployment) and server map (exactly on new logic server and may be on old server)

Hello sunnyind.

You need to have in mind the diffrente libraries used in the Data Sources and the JDE.ini in the enterprise:

Database Oracle - NT: the library use in the data sources for the client shuol be JDBOCI80.DLL

Enterprise: The library use en the JDE.ini section DATABASE SYSTEM should be libora80.sl.

I hope it helps.

Hello, Sunny,
Of course you can. I am doing the same now. I would recommend you read the
XE upgrade guide. In Installation Planner Utilities chapter you will find
how to add a server to an existing configuration.
Good luck. Don't forget change OCM later.

Alex.

sunnyind,

My setup is very similar. I have one Win 2000 deployment server 2 UNIX/SUN Enterprise servers, 2 UNIX/SUN Database Servers and the actual Database is on a SAN.

There is not too much involved in having all the varous servers the biggest things are making sure your mappings and INI files point to the right thing.

Right now I dont have my Production servers up yet but plan to have them up in time for the first ERP 8.0 Update.

Hi Cleola,
1) When you say 2 UNIX/SUN Enterprise Server, do you mean : they are logic Server with out the database, one as a backup/failover.
2) When you say 2 UNIX/SUN Database Server, do you mean: they just have the database and folder structure of the JDE.

Lastly, what I wanted to know was Can I have my Enterprise Server on UNIX and Database on NT.
Thank you.

Back