ERP 8 Upgrade

Angela

[frown]
I am attempting to upgrade OneWorld XE 7333 to ERP 8. The Spec Merge in the upgrade did not bring over more than 1/2 of our customized objects even though they were flagged to merge. Does anyone know how I can manually move my XE objects to ERP 8? I am on a Windows 2000 platform with SQL 2000 SP2. Thanks in advance for any help you may provide!

Hello.
I have one idea. You can make ASU. Upgrade to ERP8 without merge (force replace objects). Then install your ASU and force install all objects. It should worked if you don't modify standard objects.

Are these customizations to existing OW objects or are these custom objects you created from scratch (in the 55-59 system code)?

Most of them are objects created from scratch, but some of them are Mods to existing objects. Thank you!

I was able to do this by creating a data source in ERP8 to the old XE Central Objects. Then modifying the OMW rules to pull from the XE location on check outs.

I did something similar to this. I created a DS in XE pointing to my ERP 8 Central Objects. I then set up a new project status in OMW for my ERP 8 environment and created transfer activity rules to transfer objects between XE and ERP 8. I then put all the missing objects in the new project and advanced the project status to the new ERP 8 status I created. As far as the modified JDE objects go - a lot of our objects didn't merge either when they were flagged to merge. I went back and checked the merge rules in the install docs and it turns out the changes we had made weren't ment to merge so we had to retrofit. Thanks!

Thank you everyone for your comments, JDE told me to do the following process: I ended up running the spec merge basically until all my objects came across. I changed the processing options so it didn't think it was a restart, and merged the objects in smaller groups by setting the product codes differently for each group of objects. That seemed to do it. Thanks again!

Back