Client Access setup on Citrix?

soyer

How do you prevent Client Access Connection configuration prompt from showing up for a user who has never logged into a Citrix box?
I have already configured AS400 Connection to use "Default User" and have a batch file to log everyone in using the default userID (under All Users profile Startup folder).
Batch file contains : (CWBLOGON AS400 /u USERID /p PASSWORD).

This does not prevent the prompt to configure the AS400 connection when a new user connects to the Citrix box.

I guess the CA connection configuration is stored under each user profile, and we would like to make it machine wide. Perhaps a registry change but not quite sure how.

Thanks.

I would agree that it is probably a registry key in the USER hive. To snoop this out why don't you try the REGMON utility. You could use it to watch the registry as you access OneWorld and see what Client Access key are being used or written to.

You can find it at: www.sysinternals.com

I've always set the first connection in install mode. As far as I remember this will then apply to all users thereafter.

Rgds

Soyer,

As Paul said set the TS in install mode first. works better that way.
we do that whenever changes are needed for the AS. Think that JDE does recommend that also.

This problem has been around since the first days of Citrix. Client Access has always maintained separate connection configurations for each profile logged into the machine. The best way to fix it is to pre-configure your connections for each user.

To do that, first configure your AS/400 connection the way you want to see it. Then perform the following actions.

1. From the command prompt switch to install mode by running:
change user /install
2. From the command prompt run the "cwbcfg" CAE utility from <drive>:\program files\ibm\client access\:
cwbcfg /host <servername> /r
where <servername> is the name of the AS/400.
3. From the command prompt switch to execute mode by running:
change user /execute

This will take the connection you configured for your AS/400, and distribute it to each user on the Citrix server, whether they have ever logged in or not.

Back