SP21 Performance

DTevans

We are currently in the process of testing SP21_D1 and are finding greater response and poorer performance. has anyone else found this? Is this possibly due to multi-threading being disabled??

Regards

Darren Evans
CNC Administrator
Win2k Xe U5, SP19.1, SQL Server 2k SP2, Citrix Xpa

OneWorld Xe, SP19, Windows 2000, SQL Sever 2000, Citrix XP

Yes.... I have found it to be quite interesting. We are testing 21_D1 as well, and i'm not sure if the users are going to accept the changes.

In particular - if a user does a Find on one screen that takes a while to return, all other screens are locked to the point where you can't even type in them, until the Find returns its rows. A little yellow message tells you that the application is locked because another one is processing.

I can appreciate the stability that this offers - but I can't see our Data Entry and Customer Enquiries people being happy about being continually blocked.

I'll give it to some users today to see what they think

we also applied this Service pack on last Monday are noticing the similar issues. You cant run more than one find in different applications at the same time.

While one find is getting executed; the other applicaion says at the bottom "Application Locked other application executing"

Has anyone experienced issues with RDA after SP21 was applied? We get memory errors now when anyone tries to access RDA via OMW.

Thanks,

I was going to say I have not seen a problem with memory errors in RDA but I decided to do some checking first and found out that we are now occasionally getting an memory violation when exiting RDA.

Hi, I've applied Sp21_D1 and I have a BIG problem. If I try to delete an Interactive Version it didn't work!!!! On KG there is a call that said: sp21 has a bug on delete IV --> this will be resolved on sp22!!!!!!!

By

The SAR 6449909 mentions going into Interactive Versions from the fastpath, creating a version and then deleting it. Does this problem happen when you go into OMW and try to do it?

Back