help with update 6 pleaseeee

JDEboy

hi listers,
I am doing update 6, I am not experienced in that…I got 2 documents for the instruction the first one is “update 6 instructions” (from the KG) ,”software update installation guide”. Read both of them but still I have some questions that might need answers:
1- after running the workbenches, I have to make package right??? or there is any step in the middle?
2- for the packages : do I have to do a package for the enterprise server?? If yes can I have some details about it please!!
3-when the worknench was at the step of the table conversion/spec merge...something stupid happend and then it went away...so i have to restart it again but how to start from the point it end?????

thanks

I don't remember many of the details but I can offer a couple of tips:
- don't run the WrkBnch in unattended mode. There will be errors and warning errors. If you run in unattended mode you will have to wait while the entire change files reload. A very long time for Update 6.
- You have installed the latest planner ESU first, right?
- DO NOT request a backup for the path.
- DO NOT attempt to do an Object Transfer to promote Update 6 to another environment.

The update will create the packages for you, but I'd just go ahead and build full client and server packages after the apply.

Sorry, but I can only seem to remember what not to do.

Hope it helps,
Doug

I can say that you most *definitely* don't want to leave the "Backup" box checked when you do your update. You'll be waiting forever and ever and the backup mechanism won't work anyway (too many objects).

Good luck, I had a nightmare time of doing update 6 (granted, it was also my first installation.)

guys I DID IT :))
of here is "MY" answers to "MY" Questions :)))))
1- after finishing the workbench, YES do a FULL package
2- YES i have to do a FULL client AND server package (to update the enterprise srv.)
3- if the workbench stopped because of any stupid reasons, i have to restart it all over again from the scratch.
Doug, Tim thanks a lot...also all what you just said is true, maybe we all can do a sort of LISTERS_Documents for the steps to how to install this update.

thanks again, and best regards,

Back