Tag Files

Tom_Crawford

ok, Who knows what a TAG file is and what is it used for? An example would be F4101T, F43121T, F4311T,F49211, and F49219. Should there be data in them? Should they match the master files? If I purge the F42119, should I also purge from the TAG file?

I'm not very sure, but if I think that tag files are extensions to files that aren't done to the basefile in order not to get into trouble with business functions, views, ...

For example F4101T contains the field POC (Issue and recept) that is found at item master and item branch level. I suppose it is added at a later stage.

Tom-

In regards to the F49211 tag file.

It is a tag file for the F4211/9. It is created under the following circumstances: Advanced Transportation is on (Data Item SY49), OR the Bulk Stock Management System is on (Data Item SY41B), OR the intercompany flag is a ‘2’ (SO01), OR the intercompany flag is a ‘4’ (SO01). SO01 and SO02 values come from Sales Detail record being created. . Otherwise It will not be created. This tag file is used by some Print forms (I think the packaged Pick Slip) and also for Cycle Billing, it hold the deferrred invoice date.

Aaron

My 2 cents . . .

Tag files are an extension of the master files. They are there to satisfy coexistence requirements and provide additional functionality. They probably go away with ERP8.0.

They can also prevent coexistence from working. In Supplier Release Scheduling, the tag files are not being updated in World and are required for OneWorld (where a SELECT on a JOIN condition fails). So in this application I would have to choose OW or World or maintain the tag files in World.

Doug

Back