(Xe) Way to recover a lost report

HampMcCool

Does anyone know the way to recover a report, if,

(1) A newer UBE/report object has already been deployed to fat clients.
(2) But an older object has been overlaid over the newer one on the Deployment Server.

The newer object does not exist in any path on the Deployment server.

(This older-object overlay apparently happened as the result of an OMW project DEMOTION.)

Thanks!

What type of object is this? Report, application, Business Function? What's
your system configuration and where are your Central Objects?

Colin

Colin Dawes, Sr. Technical Consultant
Syntax.net
B733.1 to ERP 8.0
Oracle 8i/9i/SQL Server 2K, DB2

Did you happen to save the old UBE to the "Save" location? If so you should be able to check the object out, restore the UBE to the fat client and then check it back in. Otherwise, a backup tape of the deployment server would be my next suggestion.

Good luck.

If I'm reading this right your workstations have the valid object.

Find a workstation wth the corret version of the object and copy the UBE from that workstation to the save location. Don't check it out or get it before copying it as that would overwrite the UBE. Then check the object out. Now restore from the save location and check the object in.

If you have a workstation with the original object but do not have a save location. Copy the path on that workstation to another location. Check the object out. Copy the previously copied path back to the actual location and check the object in.

Hamp,

Find a workstation that has the newer report and then make a copy of the
pathcode directory on the work station. After the copy is done, perform a
Checkout of the report. After the checkout is done, log out of OneWorld,
and then rename the pathcode directories so that your Copy of xx7333 is now
the actuall pathcode name. Sign on to OneWorld and perform the check in.

This should get you newer report back.

Hope this helps.

Andy

CNC Consultant
AS/400, SQL 7/2000, TSE and Citrix

My suggestion follows pretty close to rest. I would find a workstation with the good UBE, create a fake check out in Object Librarian and then check the object back into the deployment server. This is much easier than the previous suggestions and doesn't require making a complete copy of the pathcode.

The catch? You have to use P9860/Object Librarian (not OMW) unless you do some sql manipulation. The means to use P9860 has been discussed several times on the list and I won't go into it.

The "proper" / "textbook" manner of doing this would be to use the Save Location.

- Scott

If memory serves me - you should only have to copy the SPEC (sub) folder...

db

Back