Spanish localizations are not complete

timallen

timallen

Well Known Member
We have found many of the menus and programs in the Spanish localization not to be completely translated. Is this a problem in our installation, or is anyone else having problems with this?

A bit more detail: I installed OneWorld Xe Update 6 SP 20 with the Spanish option. All of the normal programs are fine-- they are in Spanish for Spanish users. However, almost all of the P74S* and R74S* Spanish localization programs are not completely translated.

For example, if I enter as a user with the language set to S (Spanish) and go to menu G74S, all of the menu items are in English. It's the only set of menus that aren't in Spanish, including the other localization menus (G74F French, for example).

Then, if I open G74S04->P74SCSB (CSB Bank Revision - Spain), I see a grid with the following columns:
Bank Name
Código bancario
Office Code
Office Address
City Name Castilian
City Name Other Language
Código Postal

The same thing happens in P74S347 (347 - Operations Revision) and many other programs.

If it were all English, I'd think we were just missing something, but the fact that it is partially in Spanish and partially in English makes me think that they just didn't get finished translating.

Is this the case, or should I have done something to make this work correctly?

Thanks in advance.

HI,

Did you apply update 3 Language ASU. This will contains some of the language UDC and vocabulary overwrites.

If the objects were added after update 3 language, the will not have the spanish overrides.

Hi Adriano,
The original installation was Update 6. I applied the Spanish Language CD, but there was no specific Update 6 Language CD-- it just had the label "Spanish Language".

For Update 6, is there an ASU that has to be applied for Spanish?

<SPANISH>
Adriano, puedes contestar en castellano si te es más fácil. La verdad es que en la guía de instalación, sólo vi las instrucciones de instalar el CD de castellano. Pero tampoco hay nada especifico a la instalación de Updates en la guía.

Hice la instalación de Update 6 después de instalar OneWorld Base, sin modificar el sistema antes.

Gracias por tu ayuda.
</SPANISH>

Hello Tim
there is a "new" language CD available for JDE. It´s based on Update 3 and you should order this.
Regards

Herbert

Hi Herbert,
What impact would installing a new Language CD have on an existing installation? We have not modified any of the Spanish Localization Objects, but we *have* modified the Vocabulary Overrides on a fair number of applications.

Does the CD just create Spanish Translations for existing applications, or install new applications? If it is just for the trranslations, and there is a possibility of overwriting existing work, we might just translate everything by hand-- there are only 51 objects in the Spanish Localization now (7 Interactive Apps, 34 UBEs, and 10 menus).

Thanks in advance.

Hi Tim,

JDE just re-translated OneWorld with Update 3. It´s just a newer version of the MS-Access-Language database. It contains new/changed menus, UDC, APPs... depending on missing translations, you can do it manually or just install the new language-cd and build a new full-package! By my opinion, it doesn´t touch VO...
Regards
Herbert

Hi Tim,

Call Jd Edwards and ask for the XE Update 3 Language ASU CD. It have 6 languages on the CD. I think the last one they did was Update 3. This will update some of the UDC and Vocabulary.

I had to do it for my French client in Canada.

PS. I'm not Spanish, I'm Canadian.

Ooh, sorry. Thanks for the help.

By the way, I'm probably one of the few Americans^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^h people from the United States in the world who knows where Iqaluit is.

I suppose I'll want a cookie now.

Back