F98760 not OCM mapped to Central Objects

timallen

timallen

Well Known Member
Should F98760 (RDA Text Information) and its peers (F98710..F98762) be OCM mapped to Central Objects?

I recently tried to open F98760 in the Universal Table Browser (UTB). I entered the name of the table, and the data source defaulted to Business Data. I thought, that's odd, since I know that F98760 is not in Business Data. I went and looked in the OCM and found that none of the F987... tables are mapped to central objects explicitly.

Shouldn't these be mapped to Central Objects? I haven't modified this from the original installation-- are these installed this way? We haven't noticed any problem, so I wonder if they *should* be mapped to Central Objects.

Thanks in advance.

Tim,

The F987* series tables do not require OCM mappings under normal circumstances. The OneWorld foundation code reads these tables from the datasource that is associated with the path code you are accessing. The path code you are accessing is dictated by the environment you are logged into.

That being said, there have been some special cases where JDE programs that have not been written to follow this conventions require access to a Central Objects table and the workaround has been to add an OCM mapping. Adding an OCM mapping will not hurt you as programs that use the path code definition will ignore them. Those programs like UTB which insist on getting the location for any table from OCM will use the mappings.

Regards,

Back