B7322 Processing Options recording

Sef

Sef

VIP Member
I know this issue has been discussed in some shape or form before, but I could not find a satisfactory answer in the forum's history.

One of my clients is about to upgrade from B7322 (SP 12.4 on NT, SQL 7) to ERP8.

We are trying to record all current versions with their respective processing options. Unfortunately B732.2 does not have a tool to do this. R98306 / B9200030 does not exist and even retrofitting the UBE and BSFN doesn't work because of the new NID API's. Does anybody know of a work around or has anybody developped a tool here?

I found some information from a while back on 'manually interpreting BLOBs' and I am aware of the tables where all relevant data is stored. I just would love to know if anybody has succeeded in writing a simple app to extract all this info.

By the way, the following SQL at least lists all objects and versions and all the processing option text. It's the actual values that are missing. For somebody to actually manually populate all (in our case) 39000 settings is going to take an eternity.

select VRPID, SIMD, VRVERS, VRJD,PTOBNM, PTITNUM, PTPOTX from prodb732.f983051, prodB732.F98306, OBJB732.F9860 where VRPID = SIOBNM AND VRDSTNM = PTOBNM AND PTPOTP = '1' order by vrpid, vrvers, PTITNUM

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Rgds,

Sef,

a low-tech but cost-efficient approach is to simply print screen dumps of the modified versions POs and data selection and then reapply/recreate after the upgrade.

Regards,

Hi Boris

I read about Brian's tool and tried to run it, but unfortunately also this tool doesn't run in B7322 (any chance, Brian, to make it backward compatible to B7322?)

Wrt to Larry's suggestion, I don't think manually recording 39,000 settings is particularly cost effective.
Nevertheless, keep those suggestions coming.

Rgds,

Sef,
I remember that Christian Audet has written a UBE that does print Proc Options; you may look into archives for "PO", "Attachment", and F00165.
Good luck,

Hi All

I am still trying like hell to find some kind of solution.
My latest attempt is to copy data out of B7322 (selected custom-created 55-records in F983051, F98306 and F9860) into the access tables of a copy of demo jr (update 7) and subsequently run R98306.
The report runs successfully and displays all versions and all processing option text. However the actual Processing options themselves are not displayed.
Not knowing technically where and how the BLOB is 'read', I am stuck again. Is it feasible/possible to copy another file (ocx?) out of B732 to Demo Jr and run the UBE again? And which file would this be and where do I copy it to? Or am I completely on the wrong track?

Help!

I have developed a product called OW Documenter that documents processing options and data selections for every version of an interactive or UBE application, including master business functions. It works on B7331 to Xe so far.
Some of it (processing Options) should work for B7322 although data selections probably won't.
Check out www.checksum.com.au for more details
And yes - I have worked out how to decode the BLOBs to generate these reports

Back