Change Control - best practice ?

BigSpud

To find the answer to the question "Where can I find examples of..." seems as diificult as them Hobbits trying to get rid of that ring !!

I'd like to establish what are the best practises that most JDE shops adopt to separate out Dev etc from Production ?

It looks like I may have to take a very aggressive stand with security... can anyone help ??

Well, I think the general JDE recommendation and certainly the recommendation from our consultants was to have separate environments, i.e. DEV (developers design and test), CRP (users test and sign off), and of course PROD. The process we have followed is that developers make all design changes in DEV. We test and review the changes for quality, and we use formal documentation. Once a change passes quality review, CNC advances it to the CRP environment. Developers submit a test plan to the user, and the user tests the change in the CRP environment. The user physically signs off on the test plan approving the change. After sign off, CNC advances the change from CRP to PROD. We used security and OMW configuration to implement physical controls in the process, i.e. CNC able to advance projects but developers not able to do so, etc.

Does this answer your question?

Shelley has it down. We are doing the same type of Change Management
Control for over 2 years now and everything works great.

Re: RE: Change Control - best practice ?

We also do the exact same procedure as Shelley. Works great.

Patty

Back