SP21 Xe BulkGeneration facility

porup

Hi List!

Has anyone created a tool (or does anyone know one) to take the object list of an update package build and create a 'BulkGen.txt' file with the appropriate formatting (see the SP21 delivered BulkGen.txt file in \B7\System\Generator\WebClient for an example). The list of course could be sourced by some SQL:

select hdpkgoption[, hdvers] from sys7333.f96225 where hdpkgname=[update pkg name]
Parse out the Parent DLL entries, some other junk and.. voila. Bob's your uncle!

Inhouse here, we create our update packages cumulatively between Full builds and occasionally they exceed 100 objects. Having this facility will definitely speed up the WebGen part of our build process and reduce errors caused during the manual input of objects in the WebGen Tool.

Many thanks in advance.
/Philip

I did similiar thing with different SQL command. This SQL accept update package name as parameter and create bulk_gen.txt.

SET NEWPAGE NONE
SET HEADING OFF
SET FEEDBACK OFF
SET SERVEROUTPUT OFF
SET VERIFY OFF

SPOOL bulk_gen.txt
SELECT 'MAGIC_NUMBER=0x00C0FFEE' FROM DUAL;
SELECT '#Generated on '||to_char(sysdate,'dd Mon YYYY') from dual;

SELECT distinct DECODE(TRIM(SIFUNO),'APPL','APP:','BSVW','VIEW:','TBLE','TABLE:','DSTR','DD:','UBE','REPORT:')||siobnm
FROM OBJ7333.F9860, SYS7333.F9622
WHERE SIOBNM=BDPKGOPTION and bdpkgname =rpad( '&&1',10) AND SIFUNO<>'BSFN';

SPOOL OFF
exit

I wrote a OneWorld Application that allows users and administrators to view package build and deployment information. This prevents user from asking us if an objects was included in a package and deployed to the server. It can also allow users / administrators to easily verify if an when a object was built and deployed. Within this application, I created a row exit that grabs all the objects in the selected package and runs a table conversion that writes a bulkgen.txt file to our deployment server for each pathcode depending on the package. Then all we have to do is startup the generation and point to the share on the deployment server for the bulkgen.txt. It is pretty sweet...

Just FYI - as you probably already know for SP21... the bulk generation file is now automatically generated (according to the book). However, this functionality was inadvertently omitted and according to JDE will be in the E1 One-off for SP21.

Hi leungky,

I was really interested by your sql request to create a bulk file from a update package. It looks great and i think i'll use it. It will avoid a lot of wasted time.
So many thanks for that.

I have only one question :
Why, in you sql request, do you exclude the BSFN ? Don't you need to generate them ?
I use SP20 eGenerator, and in bulk file, it's possible to generate NER. May be it's not needed in SP21 ?

Thanks,

Antoine,
OW system administrator.

Back