recurrence of scheduled tasks

antipodes1

We are trying to get scheduler to run recurring jobs, but it is not generating them. We set up a task, define a schedule and the scheduler then shows the next 5 jobs. When it has run these jobs it doesn't then submit more jobs for the same task according to the recurring schedule. There is a SAR for this which is supposed to fix the problem, but after aplpying the ESU with the SAR we still have the same problem.

Anyone with similar probs/solution?

thanks

ERP8.0 (SP21) on Win2K/SQL2K

When you set up your scheduled job, did you set up the parameter on the Recurring screen that defines how often to repeat the job? For example, if I have a weekly job, there is a field with alias SCHNUMWKS which I set to 1 so that the job will run every 1 week. If this is left blank, the job will only run the first week and then not repeat. There are similar fields to define for monthly and daily jobs, too.

Hope this helps.

One of my clients is having the same issue. When called into the response
line, the tech told my client that this is controlled by the processing
options for P91300 and that this is by design. When asked how do we get
more than 5 to schedule for a non-expiring job, they were told to enter more
in the processing option.

I know that it used to work that as 1 was processed another would be
scheduled. But since adding SP_20J, this no longer works.

If you find the fix please let me know, until then, I am re-schedule
boy!!!!!

Andy

CNC Consultant
AS/400, SQL 7/2000, TSE and Citrix

DSAUVE - I see what you are getting at, but what happens when you get to the end of the schedule? If the task has no end date, and is set to recurr every hour, then it should resubmit every hour. Instead, as Andy has pointed out, once the list of scheduled jobs is completed, no recurrence happens. I am expecting that if I schedule a task to run every hour and set my POs to display the next 10 scheduled tasks then when task one is complete a new task should be added to the schedule so that there are always 10 scheduled, but not processed tasks listed in the grid.

I am sure this used to work this way.....

Andy - greetings from another 'Re-Schedule Boy' until I get this one sorted out!

I have a working solution!! Courtesy of JDE RL

When you set up a recurring job, row exit to ADVANCED FUNCTIONS. Third tab across is 'Job Resubmission'. Set this value to greater than 10, but less than 200. In our case 11 works just fine! Note: This fix is only necessary on ERP8

Hope this helps

Win2k Server, SQL 2000 SP3, ERP8.0 SP21

Back