1099: Copy data to Magn. Media [w. SQLServer2000]

barto

[blush] So I'm trying to get the T-SQL equivalent of SQL+ commands provided in JDE Doc: OFN-00-0016 below:

Set pagesize 1000
Set linesize 750
Set echo Off
Spool \\Servername\IRSTAX
Select g1apmm from xxxxdta.F04515OW order by g1lnid;
Spool off

It is the spool, pagesize and linesize features that I'm trying to replicate in SQLServer Query Analyzer. Cheers.

OK Folks, Answered my own question:

Not Elegant, but worked just fine: Create DTS Project w. xxxDTA.F04515OW as Source then Use Text File as Target. On our system default line size for output file was 750 characters w. {CR}{LF} for End of Line. Set up the
JDE DS --> Text File Transformation to use the Select Statement [See JDE Doc: OFN-00-0016] referencing Source and then push straight through to "IRSTAX" or whatever you want to name the Target Text File.

Ran this in DEV; checked T, A, B,C and F records in output file: Good to Go. It was easier to do w. SQL-PLUS, but what the heck.

Oh, just one more basic thing: Once the text file is created, I open it with NOTEPAD.EXE and do not save it after reviewing it. If you do save it by accident, assuming you haven't modified the file unintentionally, NOTEPAD.EXE won't add unwanted file formatting which could corrupt the file.

Back