need copy of ini settings to cross check?

kkannan

We have installed Oneworld Xe, as Oracle on solaris is our RDBMS. We have created user called jdeora on Solaris instead of creating jdeb7333. But followed the exact procedure as per installtion document for jdeb7333(like giving permission, previlages,etc.). We have completed our installation and every thing is doing fine except PORTTEST and User creation. In user creation if we create every user in database we are able to login but if we try to connect users to database using UserSecurity (by giving System User as JDE and Password as JDE) then it saying “unable to locate security server” error. We have given all entries in enterprise server as well as in client ini files. Started enterprise server as per the procedure and all processes like security kernal, net Process etc.. are running properly. So I need copy of both ini files as well as solaris jdeb733 profile entries to cross check my settings. Can any one help me to solve this issue?

thanks

A piece of friendly advice.

Rule #1: FOLLOW THE STANDARD!

I highly recommend you use the naming conventions provided by JDE. I have personally seen problems when standard naming conventions were not followed because JDE “Hard Coded” things like user or owner names within programs.

Even if you solve your current issue I can almost guarantee that this will bite you somewhere down the road. Before you get any further down the road I suggest you go back and name things as recommended by JDE.

Back