Easy way to see submitted jobs

tmackin

Reputable Poster
We recently attached specific versions to many of our UBE's to eliminate the possibility of someone running a version in error. The users used to be passed to "work with batch versions" where they would select the version then go to the form exit for submitted jobs and view/print their pdf. The users now do not like to use the view user options, submitted jobs path because they are prompted for host, etc and it takes longer. Does anyone have an idea that would allow a faster access to submitted jobs? Is there a way to do this through a custom UBE that could be put on every custom menu?

Please help, I'm under attack from the user community!!!!

I created a custom app based on the P986116 called P556116. I then created a custom Template for it called T556116. On this new template I added a tab called Server Selection where you type in the name of the server that is handling the UBEs. This is stored in a new version. In the new app I put a couple of event rules in to pass the server name in and do all the prompting. So what you have is P556116|VERSION1. I then placed this on the menu. When the user opens it they are brought right to the screen with their jobs by simply opening the application. See attached document for Event Rules...

Grant.

Attachments

• 49838-P556116_EventRules.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 129
For one of my customers I developed a process where they could create a "Mail enabled" version of a ube' using the sendmessage fuction. When the job completed it would send a message to the users work center, or outlook if they set up messaging setup, with a "Hot link" to a custom version of the submitted jobs form that was filtered for the submitting user.

Mike

Back