Permissions necessary to run UBEPRINT from AT

timallen

timallen

Well Known Member
Hi everybody,

We're trying to run UBEPRINT from the AT command on Windows 2000 on the Deployment Server.

We found that it didn't work because the AT command runs as SYSTEM, not as the user who has the session of OneWorld open at the time. So we added SYSTEM as a user with rights to execute UBEPRINT. Now UBEPRINT launches from the AT command, but the UBE doesn't actually run.

The following command *does* produce the PDF on-screen (we have this report with an OCM mapping as LOCAL for testing):
E:\JDEdwardsOneWorld\B7333\SYSTEM\Bin32\ubeprint.exe BCH R014021 ZJDE0001 1

But the exact same command run from at just pops up the little UBEPRINT blue swirl icon in the windows tray, which then disappears, and then nothing happens:
at 16:03 /interactive E:\JDEdwardsOneWorld\B7333\SYSTEM\Bin32\ubeprint.exe BCH R014021 ZJDE0001 1

I think this might still be a problem with permissions. If I execute the same AT command on a normal workstation, it works.

We need to run this as AT because eventually we will send the AT command across the network from another workstation (thus avoiding installing OneWorld on a machine that doesn't need it-- they just need to launch the UBE when they have finished a related task).

Thanks in advance.

Hi Allan
It seems to me that your Enterprise server is Windows 2000 and your workstation are Windows NT.
Try this ( It is working for us on Windows NT with IE 5.5 and above)
There is a schedule tasks icon available inside "My computer". Use this to schedule jobs and you can also specifiy the userid under which you want to run the jobs.

Hope this is helpful

Not sure about UBEPRINT but:

In order to execute RUNUBE from the Enterprise Server it is necessary that you be logged on to
the server console using the same NT username that is running the OneWorld services

OneWorld processes use IPC (memory) resources that cannot be modified by users other
than the owner of the process

Tim,

you should be using "Scheduled Tasks" to schedule jobs on a Win 2000 box - not AT! Scheduled Tasks were introduced with IE 5.x and it allows you to specify what user to run the job under. You can find it on the Control Panel among other places.

You can also remotely schedule and run tasks on a server from a workstation. But if you really need to go ahead with AT - here's some info that may help:

"With the original Atsvc.exe service, all Atsvc.exe jobs defaulted to run in the same account as the service itself. The default account for the service was the Local System account, but it could be changed to another user account as needed. Some Windows NT 4.0 or earlier computer users changed the user in the Atsvc.exe service account because they needed their jobs to run in a specific user account. With the Task Scheduler included in Internet Explorer 5.0, each scheduled task can be configured to run in a different account, however, the Task Scheduler service itself must run in the Local System account. For backward compatibility, Task Scheduler permits you to set one default account to use when running scheduled tasks that were created from Atsvc.exe jobs. When Internet Explorer 5 is installed, any Atsvc.exe jobs scheduled under the context of a specific user account are converted to the Local System account. To restore, you must manually re-enter the user name and password for that account from the "Advanced, AT Service Account" command in the Scheduled Tasks folder."

Hope this helps,

Re: Permissions necessary to run UBEPRINT from AT (RESOLVED)

Thanks for the response. I have to use AT because we're doing a scenario integrating another program (Saleslogix), and the Saleslogix users need to launch a UBE after they finish their work. They don't need OneWorld for anything else, so it's a waste of a licence to install it for them. So I wrote a batch to send the UPEPRINT command from the Saleslogix machines to a OneWorld Workstation.

I solved the problem anyway. The SYSTEM user that runs the Task Processor (which handles AT commands) didn't have rights to the B7333 share on the deployment server. Now it works.

Thanks again.

Back