SP21

We have loaded SP21_A1 (we are loading C1 tomorrow). We run Webshpere 3.5 and an AS/400 820 machine. Our original install (SP19.1) was a bit askew, so we learned the system the hard way.

At this point, the main issue that we have is the long lead time after we end services. We are looking at putting the ESU on to change the field types for the F989998 and F989999 files as prescribed in the KG documentation. Other than that (and the 10 lines/screen that has to be increased manually), no big issues. What are you seeing?

Two customers of mine have experienced 'garbage' when using Print Immediate
or Print from Work With Submitted Jobs on the 400.

Three customers are experiencing 'Build Completed With Errors' on the Server
Build for ANY update packages. This despite ANY indication of an actual
error in the detail of the R9621 or R9622 or SVRBUILD.LOG on the deployment
server or SVRBUILD.LOG on the IFS. This is NOT the same issue as the
GBRSPEC mismatch that occurs with full builds after SP19.

Two are using SP21_A1, one is using SP21_B1.

Brent Marxhausen
DBT, Inc.
Independent CNC Consultant
email: [email protected]

According to the documentation for SP21, when building a package, a text file is now generated that can be used for BULK GENERATION of your serialized objects. This relieves the CNC from created the text file himself in order to generate changed objects for ESUs (i.e. the newest planner ESU JE2842 has a LOT of objects). Well, I haven't been able to find the file anywhere on the deployment server which is where I do my package builds. Have you looked for the file and have you been able to find it? It is supposed to be named, GENERATORLIST.TXT, and is supposed to exist in the <pathcode>/WORK folder. I'd like to know if it is only me that can't find the file or if others are having this problem. Thanks in advance!

Are you able to run with SP21 against Websphere 3.5 ?

I thought as of SP21 it had to be Websphere V4 ?

Be interested to hear of your experiences with this combination.

Regards

Andy Smith
Technical Consultant

WHITEHOUSE
Consultants

http://www.whitehouse-consult.co.uk

Office : 01159 825987
Mobile: 07949 603770

E-Mail: [email protected]

Andy Smith
Whitehouse Consultants
Win2K SQLServer7 Xe

Re: RE: SP21

As of SP22, 3.5 will no longer be supported. This is a bone of contention, as 3.5 is free, but higher versions must be purchased separately (so much for the lower TCO that HTML is supposed to bring to the table). SP21 does, however work with WebSphere 3.5.

"Two customers of mine have experienced 'garbage' when using Print Immediate
or Print from Work With Submitted Jobs on the 400."
What was the resolution for these two customers?

No resolution to date.

The workaround was to change all OW printers to use PostScript printing,
although prior to SP21, using PCL was fine on the same devices.

JDE told us to apply the latest IBM cumulative package. (*sigh*) And people
wonder why I don't call the response line for help any more.

Brent Marxhausen
Independent CNC Consultant
DBT, Inc.
email: [email protected]

I just ran into the same problem this week. You will need to apply SP21_F1. BE CAREFUL with the install instructions for the AS400. If you run JDEUPDATE as the insturctions say, you will not be able to bring up your services. Instead relink your BSFN for each evnironment using LINKBSFN. For more info about this see the posting "Printing Problems by tgore" (that's me).

Tom (tgore)

The largest issue is the inability to post GL - which JD Edwards classifies as a "priority 2" issue.

Documents OFN-02-0117 and OFN-02-0069 refer to this issue and the subsequent ESU that must be applied.

Back