Printqueue locks on AS400

aprc

Has anyone had an issue where Printqueue file on AS400 locks up (and several UBEs will end in error) and there is a message UBE0000084 in the log (see attached)? We are seeing this happen at end-of-month, when there is a very heavy running of reports. The only other time I have seen this is when the max members (33000+) is reached in the printqueue file. We currently have about 18000 members, so that is not the case. It seems that every time this happens, there are R3141* reports running, so I am not sure if they are causing some locks to not be released properly. Additionally, there are 3rd party products (like EDI and MIMIX) which seem to temporarily lock the printqueue.
JDE development has not been able to give me much info other than "next time it happens, take more print screens". We cannot afford for it to keep happening, nor to cause it to drag out any longer than it otherwise would because when it happens, we lose around 30+ reports (that end in Error).
If anyone has seen this issue and has some insight into what might be causing it, I would love to hear from you....

J. Sharma
AS/400 OneWorld XE XU1 SP17.1_F1

Attachments

• 49546-R31410_G0000X04_2586035_1.PDF.jde.log
    943 bytes · Views: 166
J. Sharma,

One thing we found out is that doing any function that creates a member
list, DSPFD/SAV*/API's locks the file as read only until the task
completes. This causes the same problem here. We run about 25K members in
the printqueue. We had to re-write our member purge so the list of members
is created from the journal to avoid this lock as we are a 24X7 shop.

Hope this helps.

Tom Davidson
Xe U6 SP17.1F; AS/400; CO on SQL; W2K TSE w/Citrix; Two instances
English/Western European & Japanese.

OW 7333 U6 SP 17.1, AS/400, WIN2K, TSE 2000, Metaframe XP FR 1, CO SQL 7.0, Two Instances English/Western European & Japanese

Back