SP20 and SP20_M1

wloban

Well Known Member
I installed SP20 and the one off SP20_m1 and deployed client packages only containing foundation.

The application developers came in and did testing and the application functionality appears fine but I have noticed that I can no longer run Netmon, SAW and the new Software Impact Analysis tool will not run from my workstation but runs on the deployment server.

Has anyone else experieced this?
Thanks in advance,
Bill

Bill,

I have an answer for you regarding Netmon. We upgraded from SP15.1 to SP20_E1 a few months ago and noticed that Netmon was gone. In doing some research, I found SAR # 5253699 (among others) that states that Netmon is no longer supported or even part of OneWorld. Users are to use SAW instead.

And another "fun" feature about SP20 is that you cannot delete jdedebug.log while you are logged in to OneWorld. This is a total bummer because when debugging, who wants all that stuff when you are logging in and getting to the application you want to debug. Previously, you could turn debug on (Output=FILE) and then log into OneWorld and then delete jdedebug.log just prior to getting into what you want to debug. You can't on SP20 (it will say "file is in use"). Not sure why SAW doesn't work, though. That is strange!

Try opening jdedeug.log in notepad, select all, delete and save.
Works for us.

Very interesting. What version of Windows are you using?

Alex.

One (admittedly ridiculous) way I have used to "filter" the jdedebug.log is this:

0) Turn on debugging.
1) Enter OneWorld and navigate to the application that you want to check out.
2) Go back to the OW main window and enter FOOBAR in the Fast Path.
3) Do the action.
4) Go back to the OW main window and enter BARFOO in the Fast Path.
5) Close OneWorld.

OneWorld will complain in the jdedebug.log about not being able to find the applications FOOBAR or BARFOO.

Now, when you look at the jdedebug.log, search for the last error message that contains FOOBAR. Delete everything in the file up to that point. Now look for the first instance of BARFOO. Delete everything *after* that point. Now you only have the log messages about your application.

As we said in the Marines, if it looks stupid but it works, it's not stupid.

In any case, Alexander's OWDebugLogCommander program is easier and more effective, since you don't have to have logging on, making your performance be similar to that of a dog, for the entire session.

win2k professional.
Note this only seems to work with notepad not more "sophisticated" editors.

This is amazing, because it doesn't work for me!!!

Are you actually overwriting the same "jdedebug.log", or saving it under a different name?

Can you check the version (right-click->Properties->Version->Product Version) of your JDEKRNL.DLL file in \system\bin32, please.

Regards,
Alex.

Tim,

Your Foobar suggestion is creative. One suggestion though, your spelling is off. It should read FUBAR. That stands for "Fouled Up Beyond All Recognition." Of course, you jar heads may use something saltier than "Fouled."

Yes we overwrite the same jdedebug.log
Product Version is: 120302:0005_OneWorld_Xe_Xe_SP20_J1
I will try to upgrade my client to m1 when I have time and see if any different.
Can anybody else try this "trick" out and see if it works for them?

I wonder what could be different?

What Windows SP do you have?

Can you override the file on the Deployment Server as well? - it would normally run Windows Server version, so this could be different...

What type of filesystem is the file on (and is it a local drive)? - I have tried it on both FAT and NTFS and it did NOT work in either case...

Regards,
Alex.

Back