Distribute only JDE.INI in a package

timallen

timallen

Well Known Member
I am trying to distribute only the Client JDE.INI file to my workstations.

Yesterday I made a minor change to the client JDE.INI and tried to distribute it to my workstations. Here are the steps I took:
1) I replaced the \\DEPSERVER\B7333\OneWorld Client Install\MISC\jde.ini with the modified version (with a comment in the file identifying it as the new version)
2) I assembled an update package. I unchecked the box "Include Object Specifications". I took the defaults for everything else.
3) I made the build specifications. I checked "Replace JDE.INI". I took defaults for all else (Client Package, etc)
4) I build the package-- this took no time at all.
5) I distributed the package to a workstation.
6) I accepted the package at the workstation.

The distribution of the package seemed to go fine, but when I opened the JDE.INI on the workstation where I had accepted the package, it had not changed.

What should I do to distribute just the JDE.INI file to workstations?

Thanks in advance.

You're on Xe so if this doesn't work, you should be able to distribute this through Features in the package assembly process. It allows you to make ini changes and distribute them.

Grant.

Tim

I needed to do the same thing a couple of months ago. Not knowing how it would work with no objects in the package, I included one obscure object that no one uses in the package. I worked fine.

Patty

Back