Update 7 \ SP21

agreenejde

Update 7 \\ SP21

We are looking at applying Update 7 and SP21. Has anyone had any success with either one of those? Or any warnings?

Re: Update 7 \\ SP21

We just put on SP21 a few weeks ago. Read the warning about R09801 and also update packages will return with a bogus error indication on the AS/400 piece.

Hey,

We are looking to do Update 7 here in a couple of weeks. So I started doing some looking around. What is this that you mentioned about a bogus error indication on an AS/400? Can you be expand on this a little more. Thanks.

The R9622 has a "Completed with Errors" on it, when doing update packages. However, if you examine the build logs, there is not indication of an error. JDE was able to reproduce the error and I have not seen a one-off that resolves the issue. Good luck on the upgrade.

I see where you are coexistent. With Update 7 just make sure you put on the World SARS. Otherwise, you can get into serious trouble in AP with check processing. They've changed the next number process for payment ID and you need to have World and OneWorld using the same table.

Also, with SP21 (Not Update 7) we have started to receive a lot of commitment failures in Purchasing, Inventory and AR that we did not get before. We are looking to upgrade now to SP SI08389 of Client Access in the hopes that this will help. There's a well documented GL Post Issue that you need to apply an ESU to fix. And SP 21 broke a lot of AS400 printers, although I think that was fixed in _F1. Our incomplete workaround was to use postscript printing only.

Xe, Update 7, SP21
AS400 V5R1
Citrix Metaframe 1.8 for W2K
WAS 3.5 on NT4, soon to be WAS4.0 on W2K

We succesfully upgraded to SP21_K1 and Update 7. We have not found any major issues from either of these upgrades.

Which World SAR specifically? I didn't see any SARs in the special instructions that regarded AP.

Back