OMW Log Purge

jeremey_garcia

VIP Member
Has anyone run the OMW Log Purge (R98210B)? If so where there any repercussions? We have been live on two packages for over a year and a half now and haven't deleted any logs. We will be attempting to run the purge tonight, and have run in proof mode with a result of 8449 pages.
Just soliciting some advise. Thanks.

Jeremy no real danger of running the purge as it doesn't impact anything else and prints out the log while purging. I had some significantly larger logs to purge than you do and what I have noticed is that it is a very slow job, I actually had to purge mine in chunks using different date criteria to get it to run within my time window. The one thing I found is that it should be run locally and as such if you run it on a beefy PC that is on the same network segment as your servers(preferrably the same switch) it tends to run faster.

I hope this is helpful,

Scott

Scott,
Thanks for your quick response, we don't have much usuage after 6p, if any at all right now, so I'm looking to kick it off when I leave and let it run all night. Proof mode took approx 1.5 - 2 hours on a workstation and 52 mins on the server, so I expect final mode to take almost double that as it deletes.
Why do you suggest having it run local? Size of the log?

Jeremy in my case it was due to the long running UBE. That kept bumping into my batch window on the server. No real requirement to run local beyond that.

Back