problem with oneworld user creation?

kkannan

hi all,
i have created individual Oneworld user using application P0092 and assigned a user security by giving System user as JDE and passwd as JDE, seleted datasource as DEFAULT and created a address book entry for this user also. i have done the above work in DV7333 environment.
i tried to login by the created user name but unable to login to oneworld.a small dialog box was appearing and asking for the database user and password. I have gone through the system administrator guide and accoding to that i made some changes in the JDE.INI file of both client and enterprise server.
i modified security server=my enterpriseserver name under [security] heading in jde.ini files. after this changes in ini files, while login a messagebox saying "waiting for security server reply" is coming and after that unable to contact security server message box was coming. help me to solve this issue.

thanks

have you cross checked whether the same userid is created in the back-end?

sanjay cholka

is it necessary to create user in the backend? in usersecurity i assigned system user and password.

What environments do you have installed?

I assume your security server is your enterprise server.

By default security services needs a default environment (usually PD7333) if this does not exist you get problems. change default environment under security in the JDE.INI to a valid environment.

Please add your system spec to your Profile.

hi,
thanks for your reply. still i am having the same problem. i installed dv7333 env in client. in jde.ini for securityserver i assigned my enterpriseserver name, default datasource =system b7333 ;for defaultenv=dv7333. whether i have do any modification in server jde.ini. how to start the security services in oracle? help me in this issue.

thanks

I note that you have used the default JDE/JDE Username and Password for the System User. It is possible that your database administrator has changed the Password for the USer JDE, it is worth checking this. The System User/Password must have Database Access.

Have you checked your ODBC connections? We are in the process of re-imaging our machines and I ran into almost the same thing. It turned out that our PC support did not load the "full" version of Client Access, therefore all of the ODBC were missing after the OW install.

Hi
I have seen these problem many times. It happens when the system userid/system password(Database userid/password) are either wrong or does not exists in the backend(database) or does not exist at all.
If you are using Oracle, use sqlplus to log on directly to Oracle database using username and password specified in the system username/password in P98OWSEC application. It will verify that system username/password are correct.

Hope this help

I can only speak from an AS/400 enterprise side. I've encountered these problems and there have been 2 separate situations that have caused it. The first being that the enterprise security server was not on which required authentication directly from the client side. The other gotcha that caused this was that the most current fixpack for client access (because ODBC is used) was not applied on the client machine. Hope that helps!

If your Security Server is a AS/400 take a look at the JDE user profile. It may be disabled.

Back