OneWorld XE Installation

nmt

Dear Friends

I am a new user in this side .my company plan to install Oneworld Xe on windows 2000 server ,so our plan to install Oneworld on 3 servers ,First server for the Deployment ,Second server for the Enterprise, Third server to Act as a data Server .so our installtion will Not be a Standard Installtion .So Please Ineed and Document for this type of installation so if any one have and document for this installtions send it to me .
thanks Friend for your help

Welcome to the OneWorld user community! you have hit on one of the most powerful features of OneWorld ,Configurable Network Computing. Unfortunately CNC works differently than standard Client Server computing and involves a lot of detail . I strongly recommend that you investigate obtaining as much training as possible and enlist the support of an experienced CNC "mentor" to guide you through Install to Go - Live process.

That being said however what you want to do is not really non standard. The basic "Standard" installation includes the deployment and enterprise servers. And then all you need to do is add an addittional server(A straightforward process, but has some critical detail involved), there are several good documents on the Knowledge Garden that address adding a server. Try browsing via Support\Knowledge Browser on the KG to get a good idea of documents that are available.

A question I would ask is what are your requirements that make you lean toward a seperate Data Server at install time? Addittional servers for both Data and Logic processing can be added at any time. My experience has shown that it is usually best to start with as little complexity as possible and then through testing add in the layers of complexity as needed.

I hope this has been helpful, feel free to email me if you would like any follow up.

Scott

Back