Package builds not working

PEEK

When I try to build either client, server or both package builds, it fails. I can assemble and define but as soon as I submit both ube's start running but fail immediately. I get no messages and the pdf just says not built error for everything. Anyone any ideas where to start

Hello, PEEK,
The information provided is not enough, you know. What messages do you have
in jde.log? If it fails immediately, you can start debugging and the debug
log won't be huge. When did you have the issue at first? I would check
everything (OCM, Data Sources, C compiler, logged environment, network
connections, etc.) And I recommend you to report about the issue to JDE.
They can help sometimes, especially when the problem is so evident.

Regards, Alex Shevchenko

XE SP18 Oracle 8.1.7, Solaris production
XE SP18 Oracle 8.1.7, Solaris test

Try reviewing the logs. Go to Package Build History, highlight the failed package and select View Logs.

This happened to me last week and I did not have enough space on my
deployment server. check that out.

Have you set the environment variables on both the Deployment Server and Enterprise Server so that OneWorld can find your C compiler? This happened to me.

Try this: (I'm going to assume that you're on Windows, though the concept is the same in Unix-- though I doubt this would be a problem on Unix!): On the deployment server: Open a command line and type "nmake". If you get an error saying that the program is not found, then your environment variables aren't set.

Do the same on the Enterprise server.

If this test fails, you don't have the environment variables set. Look in the Visual C++ bin directory (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Bin) for a program called VCVARS32.BAT. Take the information from there and set the system (*NOT* user) environment variables to match. Try the "nmake" test again. If the test works, resubmit the build.

This one kept me guessing a very long time.

Hope that helps.

HI,
Try to check Release Master and Pathcode Master in ur Envrionment Settings. In pathcode Master it should be /B7333.

regards
sathya

Back