Server Deployment

graham_jones

Hi,

We were running on 2 V880's (services on one and DB on the other) but have had to temporarily decommission one of them. We copied the system directory over to the DB machine and got everything up and running fine - users OK, queues running OK etc. However we have one problem - packages build in the correct place with no errors but every time we try a server deploy the services seem to hang and the job never completes.

We are getting around this by doing a manual deploy i.e. copy bin32 and spec directories from the parent package. JDE have not come up with a solution yet. Anyone got any ideas?

Very much a shot in the dark: do you need to reconfigure PackageQueues and SpecInstallQueues in jde.ini to support this?

I can't find reference to either of these settings in any JDE.INI file. What section should they be in?

My JDE.INI with the PackageQueues and SpecInstallQueues settings is at:

\\ENTERPRISESERVER\JDEdwardsOneWorld\ddp\B7333\system\bin32\jde.ini

Under the section:
[NETWORK QUEUE SETTINGS]
PackageQueues=1
PKGQueue1=QB7333
SpecInstallQueues=1
SpcQueue1=QB7333
KillImmediate=1

I'm guessing here-- I am but an egg! But if you have moved enterprise servers, maybe these queues were set up in the old Enterprise Server, but not in the DB Server.

I have been told that the PackageQueue *might* get used during package build and/or deployment.

I hope that is helpful

Graham, the settings suggested are for NT. You won't find them on your
Unix Server's JDE.INI file. Look in RunOneWorld.sh instead. I think these
setting are NOT your problem.
Gerd J. Renz
InfoJBS
Gerente de Tecnologia
Cel. 021 9646-1612

All permissions are set correctly. JDE have not come up with anything yet other than SAR's 6005582 and 5874698 which I don't believe relate to my issue.

Back