UBE/Version environment conflict when creating UBEs in RDA on PY7333

timallen

timallen

Well Known Member
(OneWorld Xe, Update 6, SP20, SQL Server, Windows 2000)

Problem: UBE/Version environment conflict when creating UBEs in RDA on PY7333

We have some functional consultants working in PY7333. They have their default OMW projects set to status 21. When they create new UBEs from RDA and check them in, OMW says these UBEs get stored in DV7333 (I suppose because the default project is in status 21-- is that why?).

When the consultants then create versions for the new UBE, these versions are stored in PY7333 (I suppose because the consultant is signed in to PY7333-- correct?).

This causes a problem when we go to check in the versions: the base UBE is in DV7333, and its versions are in PY7333. The only remedy we've found at this point is to move these UBEs out of the default OMW project into another project set to status 21, and advance this project to 26. Then both the UBEs and the versions exist in PY7333. Then the Versions can be checked in.

One workaround was to put the default OMW project to status 26. But I told another CNC about this and he winced. It seems to me that the default OMW project probably should stay at status 21. Is that right?

Ultimately what we want is for the functional consultants to be able to create UBEs with RDA and versions in RDA or Batch Versions and still be able to check everything in without intervention from the CNC (me).

How should this situation be resolved?

Tim...

Your OMW activity rules dictate where objects are transferred or placed
during check in/out processes. You can modify these rules to have both
UBE's and UBEVER's placed in the same place. I'm currently at a client
who wants all development work done in PY (don't ask me why) and I simply
modified the rules that check-ins would go to PY and check-out's would
come from PY. I had sort of the same issue at first, because I only
remembered UBE's and didn't set up another rule for UBEVER's.

Regards,

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 07:41:07 -0800 (PST) timallen

Problem:

We have some functional consultants working in PY7333. They

When the consultants then create versions for the

This causes a

One workaround was to put the!

Ultimately what

How

Dear jstooge,
That makes a lot of sense-- I'll try out what you said in the two clients where we're doing this. Thanks a lot.

"This causes a problem when we go to check in the versions: the base UBE is in DV7333, and its versions are in PY7333. The only remedy we've found at this point is to move these UBEs out of the default OMW project into another project set to status 21, and advance this project to 26. Then both the UBEs and the versions exist in PY7333. Then the Versions can be checked in. "

This is the way OMW is supposed to function for Batch Versions. NOTE that only Batch Versions work this way. When you create a new UBE you must promote it into each pathcode ahead of any versions you create.

Tim,

Check out OTI-02-0101 on the KG. It is possible to perform a dual checkin...I think it only works using the Solutions Explorer menu system though.

I have clients 1 on XE and 1 on ERP 8.0 that this is working for, how ever another client that is using the oexplorer menus, and this does not work.

Andy

Back