BV adds OMW project owner with no role

timallen

timallen

Well Known Member
(We have OneWorld Xe, Update 6, SP20, SQL Server)

problem: BV adds OMW project owner with no role

When a workstation user enters Batch Versions there is a little pause. Then a check of the OMW log for the default project finds that OneWorld adds a user with no role to the project(!):

Action: AddUserToProject was called for:
Project: CNCADMIN
Object: CNCADMIN
Type:
by User: CNCADMIN

With the result:
User: CNCADMIN Role: was Added To Project: Type: by User: .

Also, if I run the following SQL, I find that almost all of our users have one of these blank role OMW project owners.
select PUOMWPRJID from sys7333.f98221 where PUOMWUR = ' '

Erasing this user does no good. BV just adds it back the next time.

Has anyone seen this? Is there a solution? It's really just annoying, but makes me wonder if something bigger is broken.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Tim,
Look and see if you have a default role defined in the Object Management Configuration - Constants Button (P98230).
Regards,
Dave

Dave,
You are the MAN! That was it. I just put in 04 as the "External role for users outside of OMW" from P98230/Constants, and now Batch Versions doesn't create an OMW owner with a blank role.

Thanks a lot.

Tim,
just a note - do not allow people to create versions by copying BV's as this will be entered into the default project and MAY cause problems downstream. BV's should only be created through OMW. This was directly from JDE after some interesting errrm side effects (check out errors, JITI failures, and so on) on a recent project which went upto level 3 support.

I would have to disagree with Tim about copying versions. We secure most of our version so that the user can't change the processing options or data selection. They have to make a copy of the version to run it. And yes, it causes problems with OMW. Many times I've had to move versions out of default project to delete the version.

Patty

Back