facing prob with Oneworld user creation

kkannan

hi,

i have created new Oneworld User and added user security in development environment.In user security creation i mentioned the system username and password for the database in the enterprise server. But i couldn't login by using the username that i have created. can i create a user in development env? help me to solve this issue.

You can create users from PD, PY, DV, or TS (basically, don't create users from JDEPLAN)

This process works for me to create a single user who can log in:

Go to User Profiles (GH9011/P0092)
1. Add User
2. Look for user, and select the user.
3. Use Exit bar->Environments to set the list of valid environments for the user. (maybe you missed this step?)

In User security (G9052/P00950)
1. Click Add and set the following for the new user
- User ID
- Data Source DEFAULT (Be careful here-- in the Spanish version, this is IMPLIC, for example. And sometimes that won't work. So I *always* do this from an English user.)
- System User (database user)
- System Password (database password)
- OneWorld Password

That should do it. You should also add an address book number in User Profiles. Also, this process changes slightly if you are creating a group and assigning users to it, which would be more efficient in the long run. Basically, you create a user named SALES (or whatever the group name is) with System Role set to *GROUP. You assign the users to this group by setting their System Role to SALES. *this is where it gets tricky*: you have to reapply user security to the group when you add new users to the group, or the new users will not have the security you now have set.

Hope that is helpful.

What is your enterprise server? Is the database name/password vaild and enabled on the enterprise server?

hi Tim,
i followed the stepes exactly what you have given. but still one small dialog box is appearing and asking for database password. i used system user as jde and password as jde, for the new user. and in client jde.ini file i have given my enterprise server name as security server. is there any process like starting security process? i need your help in this problem?whether i have to do any n server jde.ini changes?

thanks

Dear kkannan,
To make the Enterprise Server act as the Security Server, you need to modify the JDE.INI on the Enterprise Server. The file c:\JDEdwardsOneWorld\ddp\B7333\system\bin32\jde.ini on the Enterprise Server should have this section:

[SECURITY]
SecurityServer=NAME_OF_ENTERPRISE_SERVER
User=JDE
Password=JDE
DefaultEnvironment=PD7333
DataSource=System - B7333
History=1

NAME_OF_ENTERPRISE_SERVER is the name of the enterprise server. Also, DefaultEnvironment has to be an environment which exists.

This change makes the Enterprise Server act as a Security Server.

When you change the JDE.INI in the enterprise server, you must stop the JDE Queue and Net services then restart the Net then the Queue services (in that order) for the changes to take effect.

The SecurityServer must also be set in the jde.ini on each workstation (c:\WINNT\JDE.INI):

[SECURITY]
SecurityServer=NAME_OF_ENTERPRISE_SERVER
DataSource=System - B7333
DefaultEnvironment=PD7333
Row Security = NO_DEFAULT

We have the same setting in the JDE.INI on the Deployment Server.

I hope that solves the problem.

Back