CNC Operations Manual

nevans

We are in the process of implementing ERP8 on a Sun box, Unix platform with an Oracle database. Would anyone have a CNC operations manual that would suit?

Thanks

Nikki

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Nikki

What information would you like outside the standard ERP8 System Administration documentation ?

Outside of that, there are whitepapers out there that help with tuning solaris and other platforms - but currently I have no though transferrence device that is compatible with your CNC tech !

Maybe if there was something specific I could help with ?

Nikki,

There is the system administration guide, the server and workstation administration guide and the ERP 8 installation/upgrade manual. The first 2 guides are the same for Xe and ERP8 for now. ANy resource you need you should be able to find on the KG. There is also some white papers on known issues for installing and upgrading to ERP 8. I actually will begin my ERP 8 upgrade on 2/3/03. I would advise you to dounload the latest planner ESU for ERP 8 also the latest service pack because ERP 8 came with SP 19 that had a lot of issues including package build issues, also spend some time reading through the install manual it will help a lot when you actually begin to implement. My setup os very similar Sun Ent. Oracle Database.

You may want to take a look at Joe Miller and Allen Jacot's book: "J.D. Edwards OneWorld: The Complete Reference"

Back