Utility for Print Processing Options/Data Selections

RHoffman

We want to get by object a list of data selection and processing options....Does anyone know of a utility to accomplish this? What tables they may be in?

Thanks for you help.

This may help...

Go to Batch Versions, the R98306 report will print the processing
options.

gm.

ENT: AS400 V5R1 OW Xe Update 5 Coexistence SP19 D1
DEP: Win2000 SQL 7 SP3
JAS: Win2000 (pending)

We want to get by object a list of data selection and processing
options....Does anyone know of a utility to accomplish this? What
tables they may be in?Thanks for you help.
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to:
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=48347

+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+
This is the JDEList One World« / XE mailing list/forum.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found on the JDEList Forum at
http://www.JDEList.com

JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards«

+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+

AS400 V5R1 Coexist CO-Win2000 NT Xe SP19 D1

There is a JDE report, R98306, which will print out the processing options for a given version of a UBE or application. Note that you must run this report locally. As far as data selection, I've not found a way to print that out. We usually end up running the UBE and version and prompt for data selection, then use Alt-PrintScreen to send the data selection window to the clipboard, and then paste it into a document (such as Word).

You can also use Support Assistant present in Knowledge Garden to print both PO and Data Sel. for an object.

Anuj,
Could you be more specific, please; where is that place in SA where you can capture/print Data Selection per Object?
Thanks,

FYI:
Support Assistant is a 644 Kb file which can be downloaded from the knowledge garden.
Support Assistant is used to diagnose and document your issues. This process involves first expanding a
category that best matches your issue. Then select a specific profile. A profile is a predefined set of
information to collect. You may select a J.D. Edwards provided profile or you may create your own
custom profile.

To print the processing option values and the data selection values from J.D. Edwards Support Assistant:
Open Support Assistant
Click "Use Custom Options" under "Custom Options"
The jde then guide you through.
(You need to enter the environment, user, password when promted. You also then need to enter the programs and/or reports with or without version selection. Note that you can only enter one program at a time.
The report is an html file, which can be printed or saved in
a zip file.)
If anything is unclear pls. let me know.

So, you enter one report (program) at a time.
Now, is it easier to use SA, OR just to ask for the report's Version Cover Page?
What do you think?
Thanks for your prompt reply,

Printing through report's cover page is certainly much easier and simpler. The downside is that you have to do it through RDA.
SA is little time consuming (it takes about 4 to 5 minutes to run first report and then about a min for subsequent report.) and is useful when you want to print both data selection and PO on demand.
I would like to mention that I was able to do that on SA version 1.8.4
If you want to print just the PO. Run R98306. It is much faster and the best way. You define the reports and/or versions through this report's data selection. Therefore it is much more flexible.
This report uses bsfn B9200030. This had some bugs in B7332. The lastest source is fixed.

FYI You don't have to use RDA; at version level, enable the "Print Cover Page" checkbox in Version Detail.

In my case version detail >> Print cover page is disabled because the version is not checked out and it is running on a terminal server. Any work around to print cover page without creating a separate version?
Thanks
Gobinath

Instead of looking for a work-around, you may try the direct approach: that is having the Version checked-out, modified, checked-back-in & deployed (on the terminal server, too).
Warm regards,

I almost finished writing a tool for documenting Data Selection, will publish over the weekend...

Regards,
Alex.

"Note that you must run this report locally."

I have implemented some of the code from R98306 in my custom report to print the processing options. It's certainly correct that the report prints the processing options when run locally, but not when submitted to the server. The question is WHY? :)

I really need to be able to implement a solution on this report that will print PO text whether running locally or on the server.

I notice that in P98305(Work With Batch Versions) you can take a form exit to Print Options which will run R98306 on the server, and it prints the PO text/values. What am I missing here? Why do you have to run locally and how does P98305 submit R98306 to the server successfully?

Thanks in advance if anyone know the answer.

Vernon McDaniel

Back