multiple releases

spranes

[crazy]
I've been able to find some genereral information on setting up multiple releases of JDEdwards on Unix, but can the enterprise server using NT be setup running multiple releases? If anyone has done this, can you tell me what the gotchas are.

Currently I have 2 enterprise servers, 1 with B73.3.2 and the other runnign B73.3.3. The operations groups would like me to consolidate my servers, which I not in favor of since the B73.3.2 server will be discontinued this year.

Sue
Xe, sp18.1, update 6, Oracle 8.1.7, Nt 4 sp6a

Hi Sue

Mr T. B. told me about this post, so I saw it and thought I should help a little !

Running multiple versions of OneWorld across any platform is certainly possible, since the foundation JDENet uses different ports (configurable in the .INI).

However, it is important to note that running multiple versions of oneworld against a production database, for example, is a big no-no. So if you were looking for B7332 to "co-exist" with Xe against PROD - I really wouldn't recommend it since the functionality is different enough between the two products to cause issues.

If you would like to talk more about this, lets take it offline so I can understand exactly why you are planning this.

Back