New Versions

DMiller

Does anyone out there have OMW set up that when a user creates a version in Production and checks it in through OMW, that there are rules set up to automatically copy that version down to PY and DV? We have a consultant that wants to do this BUT I don't like the idea not to mention I don't know what rules to even set up to make this work.

I would not recommend this. When a batch version is checked in it is checked
into the pathcode you are logged into as well as DV. From there is a simple
matter to promote it to PY using the default OMW rules.

Diane,

Technically speaking, this is really not a big deal and easy to set up. Simply add OMW config rules at whatever default status the users work in to check the version into PY and DV also.

There are a couple of gotchas, though...
1 - What is the status of default projects? That is the status the end users would be working at. This is also typically the status that developers work in. So, by add the OMW config records, all users working at that status would be checking versions into 1) the pathcode they are signed into, 2) DV, and 3) PY. This may or may not be an issue for you. You may also be able to get around it if your developers are in a single group. Then you can set up specific group level OMW rules for them.
2 - I am assuming that your users do not create UBE objects anywhere but DV. In the event that a UBE were created in PY, the checkin to DV would be unsuccessful unless the UBE objects were first transfered to DV.

Good Luck

There is document ( OTT-00-071- Configuring OMW for batch Versions in XE) in the knowledge garden. We have set this up and it is working fine.

Husni,

I just tried looking for the doc you specified, but couldn't find it. Is the doc name missing a number? Thanks.

The correct document number is ott-00-0071

Sr. Business Systems Analyst
OFS Fitel, LLC
OW B733 Cum 2 SP11.3, NT SP6a, SQL 7.0 SP3, Create!form

Back