carry out PY7333 setup to PD7333

JDEboy

Guys hi,
I have a customer where my application consultant had finished the setup for the financial module on the CRP env. (and the training also), they need to copy this setup to the PRODUCTION env. so what is my options beside using R98403 (XJDE0022 version “Refresh CRP Control Tables From PROD”)????? Because i am not quit sure that this option (R98403) will do an accurate job for me

If you just want to copy the pathcode the thread entitled "Problems with server build after mirroring environment" contains details of my attempts to do this.
I began by using knowledge garden documents otm-02-0018 and OTI-01-0026.
Personally I found this "official way" too slow, so did directory copy followed by an export then import..

patric,
mirroring environment/copying the pathcode is copying objects and that's not what i am really trying to do.
i want to copy the setup that my application consultant did on the crp to the production, example for that the setup he did on the AAI...etc..
does any one know if this kind of setup is just CONTROL TABLES (some of them or all of control tables????)
really i start to be confused!!!

You will need to find out from that consultant which tables he affected. The AAI's are in the business data not control tables.

Patty

I would have to agree with Patric, Since you are not sure what has changed
in PY it is better to be safe and copy PY into PD instead of just copying
the control tables. It is a bit time consuming if you are using R98403 but
If you are comfortable with SQL it is much faster to do it that way.
----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 7:33 AM
Subject: Re: carry out PY7333 setup to PD7333

that's not what i am really trying to do.i want to copy the setup that my
application consultant did on the crp to the production, example for that
the setup he did on the AAI...etc..does any one know if this kind of setup
is just CONTROL TABLES (some of them or all of control tables????)really i
start to be confused!!!

If this thread follows true Jdelist form we will see several responses advising the poster to use 'quicker' database functions rather than the R98403 to copy his data. This will be followed in a few weeks by the original poster requesting help in figuring out why his Production Environment no longer works.

Smile dammit, you gotta admit it's true....... and funny.

Hi JdeBoy,

You'll have to copy Business Data-CRP and Control Tables-CRP from CRP to PD, you can use the R98403 report to get the PD environment with data, and transfer the batch versions and interactive versions.
Regards.

another way to ask !!!
which one of the following will help me to copy the setup from the crp to production:
1- copying all business data and control tables.
2- copying some business data and control tables (if yes which one).
3- copying all business data tables only.
4- copying all control tables only.
5- copying some business data tables only (if yes which one).
6- copying some control tables only (if yes which one).
if u know the right answer PLEASE advice
thankxxxxxx

Hi JDE Boy :

Let see...

1 - Will run ok, but you'll lose any data on PD that's not present on PY.
2 - This may run only if you know what tables to copy (the BIG question!)
3 - Definitely not, you won't have UDCs and menus.
4 - Only works if your setup is restricted to UDCs and menus (not usual).
5 - I don't think so...
6 - I don't think so...

My advice is 1, BUT ONLY APPLIES IF YOU DON'T MIND TO LOSE SOME PD DATA.

Sebastian

Is there any data in production that you want to keep? If no, then I would copy business data and control tables. If yes, then you need to find out from that consultant which tables he modified and only copy those.

Patty

Back