recover a license

Leafs

We just lost a hard drive on a fat client. How do we go about recovering the license?

Thank-You,

xe, xu6, sp 20.1 (client was W2000)

Give any PC the same name as the crashed machine, install JDE and then uninstall JDE (partial packaage is quickest if you have one). This will recover the license when you uninstall.

If for any reason you needed to reclaim more than 1/2 a dozen licenses there is also a documented proceedure on the J.D. Edwards, Knowledge Garden that can help. Look for document ID OTI-99-0065. This is helpful if the IT staff has decided to remove a large number of PCs from the network without uninstalling OneWorld.

My PC is do to be "overhauled". We are upgrading to WIN XP. They will reimage my PC with WIN XP and reload all my software. Is my best bet to uninstall OW to recover the license before they reimage?

Whenever possible, I'd always recommend uninstalling OW if you can. It's bad enough when a disk drive fails or someone formats a drive before uninstalling. If you know in advance, I can't think of any reason not to uninstall. Then when you get your new build, just reinstall OW.

Back