License

JohnBlaze

Hi everybody

If i have 1 server sql and 40 OW user, how many licenses should i have ?
1 only for my serveur
1for my server and 40 for my user ?

I think you will need a license for every instance of a machine key that is every workstation that is going to access and each server you add i.e. Citrix, Web, will take up a single license. Now there is some debate as to the licensing for Citrix users....as fat as I know from previous experience your Citrix servers is seen in JDE as a single license, despite them amount of users you have accessing JDE via Citrix. You do have to have all you Terminal Server and MetaFrame licenses for your users but JDE only tracks the one instance of that Machine.

I would definately check with JDE to verify this, it's their software :)

FW: License

I have a problem with licence but we don't have more users
=20
The message is: You are not licensed to execute this application. For =
more
information please contact your J.D. Edwards Sales Representative.

We haved uninstalled et reinstall the One World.

The other problem on a other computre is :

jdecgrt: Unable to retrieve Business View information - Application =
P03B212

What can I do with that ?

Sorry for my English, I'm french

=20

Thanks for give me some help !!!!!! =20

=20

=20

Suzanne Perron =20
Analyste programmeure
Technologie de l'information=20
Gestion <http://www.talvest.com/> financi=E8re Talvest=20
Une division de Gestion d'actifs CIBC inc.
* (514) 875-9090 Ext.: 8340
* mailto:[email protected] =

=20

Financial RDA B7332 OW

Re: FW: License

Run P98538. This will tell how many licenses you have and how many are left. As for the message you are unlicensed to run this application...sometimes when OW is installed it fails to grab a license off of the deployment server. There are many reasons this can happen. Make sure the user can get to the deployment server and has the proper rights. Make sure the jdeclnt.xdc is not locked on the deployment server. Hope this helps.

Patty

Ok right, now, how can I delete some seats used ? Because we don't need of all that users,

What I have to do for remove some ones ?

Thanks for help !!!!!

Hi Suzanne,

Have you recently got a new SPC code? I had that error when I got an SPC code and JDE forgot to include the Inventory system.

Suzanne, if you want to avoid having to get a new SPC from JDE you can try this to recover licenses. Name any PC to the same network name that appears as having a license. Install a partial JDE package and then uninstall it. A bit time consuming if you have a lot of licenses to recover, but if it is a small number this is not much hassle.

Thank you everybody for your good help,
now for that question is ok.

Thanks !!!

I'm glad you are ok, now will you be so kind to share with us the solution to your issue?
Thank you,

We found a client computer on which there was OW and unused thus one uninstalled OW and had rename a another client computer to be able uninstall another OW.
You must to uninstall OW on the computer customer to recover the license

Nous avons trouvé un computer sur lequel il y avait OW et non-utilisé donc on a déinstallé OW et ainsi récupéré une license, et nous avons renommé un autre computer pour pouvoir désinstallé un autre OW. Veuillez à désinstaller OW sur le computer client pour récupérer la license

(Sorry for the english version)

Thanks for your good help !!!

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have 100 OneWOrld licenses and for some reason, about 24 of them are assigned to one user's machine. I uninstalled OW and reinstalled it, watching the license count in between, but it never changed. Has anyone heard of this before?

--
Jeremy

Xe SP19
Solaris 8
Oracle 8.1.7
Windows 2000 Deployment Server

Jeremy

Licenses are assigned by machine not user. Are you seeing 24 duplicate machine names? If this is the case you probably have machines names with more than 15 characters. I would uninstall OW, change the machine name and re-install OW to clear up the confusion. If you have 24 different machines with the same user name. It was probably the person who installed the software. OW records who sign onto a machine last.

Patty

Back