Multiple Foundation Setup

vincem

I am trying to set up multiple foundations in OneWorld Xe, SP 18.1. The Enterprise Server platform is AIX 4.3.3 and Oracle 8.1.7.3. We have two Enterprise Severs, production and test. I have set up an environment on the developement sever following the instructions in the Multiple OneWorld Foundations Installation Guide. However, when I try to bring up sevices under the secondary Foundations, only the jdenet kernels processes initialize. Errors in the log indicate a problem connecting to the security server. The security server is the production Enterprise server.

Here's what I think is happening: I have set up the secondary foundations to use another port, 6109, per the installation guide. However, the original services on the developement server as well as the prodution sever use port 6009. When the services for the secondary set of foundations initalize they try to connect to the security services on the product server on port 6109 and cannot because the production server is using port 6009.

Does this sound reasonable? What is the solution? Or is there something else going on here?

You are correct. The servers cannot communicate because they are using different ports.

Set the multifoundation JDE.INI file so that it becomes another security server, i.e. it authenticates itself on port 6109. There is no need for the production box to be used for this purpose. I generally set every server with OW code to be its own security server, it saves problems.

Regards

Thanks for the reply. For the time being, I've solved the problem by setting up a second instance of JDE on the production server running on port 6109, but I like your solution better, less overhead on the production server.

Back