Creating a CD For Installing the OneWorld Package

pnagireddy

Hi

I am trying to Create a CD from the full Package build
I did Last week? Does anyone has documentation with
the details steps.

I was looking looking at the documentation about this.
The CD Writer is giving me an error saying that the
Disc is not having enough space? Is there any step I
am missing in between like compressing the package?

please let me know if there is any documents available
on the knowledge garden or jdelist.com

thanks
Reddy
HP Unix, Winnt, OneWorld XE , Update6, sp20

A full package is 2.1 G. CD's only hold 600M. You can create a partial package and copy it to CD for installations. But then your users jiti specs the first time they open any application. There have been past discussions on this, use the Search on this website.

I've actually been able to fit 2 complete environments on a singe 700 MB CD. Although it is true that the installed environments (full client) are over 2 GB each, only the CAB files (for the most part) get copied to the CD for installation. The CAB files contain the compressed objects necessary to expand into the full-blown 2 GB environments. There will still be some additional items downloaded from the true Deployment server such as the Client Listening application (if used), etc. I went by the book but I didn't write directly to a CD. I wrote to a folder on my PC that was shared. You'll need to identify the shared folder name as an additional deployment server before starting. When the process was complete, then all I did was copy all the objects and folders in the shared folder from my PC to the actual CD. The total for all objects and folders including 2 complete environments (PD and PY) was only 669 MB... good deal. I believe I just used the on-line documentation. But, I'll try to locate my source of documentation and get back to you.

Back