WebSphere 3.5 Install

Soul Glo

Soul Glo

VIP Member
Hi,

I am attempting to install WebSphere 3.5 based on the instructions I received with SP20 on a Windows 2000 Server with IIS and SP2. After following all the steps for the WebSphere install when I login to start the serice it will not start, it genetares an error 10. I am attaching the event logs form the Event Viewer. Any advice will be appreciated.

Attachments

• 47155-WebSphere Event Log Error.doc
    39 KB · Views: 69
Server Specific error 10 is actually a general error. You should look into the websphere logs for more details as to why your service can't start.

I was told by JDE that the ejsadmin might be hard coded somewhere in the application so I have to use that exact user id for oracle....can any one verify that.

First, I think the startup user for Websphere must be a Local Administrator, and second, you may need to grant some extra rights to that user - Login as a Service, Act as Part of the Operating System, etc...

Regards,
Alex.

Did you definitely run the Websphere installation whilst logged on as the
servers LOCAL administrator - i.e. not a user with admin provielege or a
network domain user ?

Andy Smith
Whitehouse Consultants
Win2K SQLServer7 Xe

I did install with All the Correct 2000 Privilages, I am re-installing it with the exact ejsadmin account with the authorities specified in the manual...I let you know what happens.

So, everything else failde...so I went with Instant DB and I was able to start the Service. Does anyone knows what will happen if you have 2 Network cards on the Server. We have a backup card running also.

Hello.
I've got same problem. Do you use Oracle Database for Websphere tables? If you do it then do you install new oracle database to the same (to the JAS) machine or use exisiting oracle database (and create new tablespace)? If you use existing Database on different machine then you should:
1. Install on JAS Oracle Client (don't forget copy XXXXX12.zip ).
2. type in connection string (when you install Websphere) name remote database server.

Back